Wednesday, December 01, 2010

chickpea and pumpkin curry

1 large onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
ginger (one knob chopped)
1.5 cups of pumpkin (i baked mine first, and cut into cubes/small pieces)
2 cups of chickpeas (cooked or canned)
1 cup of water
1 can of coconut milk
curry powder
cinnamon
black pepper
fresh cilantro
fresh lime juice-

1. sautee onion and ginger until onion is transparent, then add garlic and curry, cinnamon (not too much) and black pepper (I'm sure a good quality curry paste would be better, but this is what I had in my cupboard). Fry up for about 5 minutes.
2. Add pumpkin, chickpeas and water-turn up the heat to medium high and let it simmer.
3. Add coconut milk-let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. Add chopped cilantro and juice of half a lime (or more)
5. Turn heat down to low for 10 minutes or so.

I served this over quinoa and added tempeh to it in the last 10 minutes.

1 comment:

anita said...

mmm sounds great.

i've never cooked with tempeh before. it's hard to find in Montreal. I'm going to try cooking with it soon-I'm sure Lorne would love it.