2 large onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, diced
5 or 6 cups chopped carrots
1 large potato, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
6 cups vegetable stock (or water)
3 tsp cumin
2-3 tbsp olive oil
1) Saute onions and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until onions are soft and translucent.
2) Add carrots, celery, cumin, and salt and stir for about a minute.
3) Add stock and potato and bring to a boil, then simmer for about 25 minutes.
4) Remove from heat and puree.
5) Grate fresh ginger over each serving to taste
The great thing about this recipe, besides the fact that it's pretty tasty, is that it's cheap! And vegan too (in keeping with the vegan theme...)