Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter weekend quinoa salad

This salad materialized last night at the first barbecue I've been to this year. It is really delicious, if I do say so myself, and really great for making a big tub of it so you can bring the leftovers for lunch. Some people asked me to post the recipe on this blog, and this is my best attempt at remembering what I actually threw in.

salad:
1 cup quinoa, cooked and drained in salted water
1/2 cup or so chopped dried cranberries
handful of chopped chives
handful of chopped toasted almonds
one avocado, sliced
2 carrots, coarsely grated
1/2-3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (goat cheese would be good too)

dressing:
juice of two lemons
olive oil (about 1/4 cup)
couple tablespoons of honey
one tablespoon whole grain mustard
a glug of rice wine vinegar
s & p

Of course, you could add lots of different combinations of veggies. The salty and sweet really do it for me in this combo.

No comments: