Thursday, September 07, 2006

My secret guacamole recipe

This makes the best guacamole that I've ever tasted in my life if I do say so myself. It took me awhile to wean my addiction to this stuff.

2 ripe avocados
1/4 of an onion
1 clove of garlic
a small bunch of fresh coriander
2 tablespoons of banana peppers
a dollop of sour cream
juice of one lime
salt to taste

Mash the avocados with the lime juice and sour cream. Chop the onions, garlic, and banana peppers finely and add. Pull the big stalks off the coriander, chop it, and add it too. Add some salt, and that's it! If you have a food processor (you lucky bastard) you can just blend it all together. Some do like it chunky though.

2 comments:

J C said...

onions in guac!!! you crazy girl, cwazzzzy!

Anita said...

You know you're right, I've just realized that almost every one of my main course dishes has onions in it. Even if it doesn't calll for it in the recipe, I end up adding them. I think I have a problem.

But no seriously, you slice it into super small bits and its good in the guac, trust me.